In this episode we banter about video games, discussing several specific games including Walking Dead the game, Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3 and Skyrim and general gaming concepts such as full-release games you can beat in a day, kid-friendly diversions, and games that destroyed our friends lives.
Our hosts this week include Jim, Josh, Nick (Straight from Mongolia!), and Alan. The False Nick mentioned is played by Nick Berget, not of Mongolia.
There are a few audio glitches due to the use of Skype from Mongolia. We’re working on improving that connection for future episodes.
What has everyone been doing?
- Jim gets an iPhone! …
- But refuses become Smug
- … and refuses to take the new iPhone to the bathroom, sticking to the dead tree form of entertainment.
- Cthuhlu games on iphone
- Movie playing during The Wall: The Dam Busters
- Playing Angry Birds in the Restroom with the sound turned up
- Going Lady Gaga with 10 Pounds of Pork – or making andoulle sausage
- Perhaps meat-based Crack Spackle?
- Living in Mongolia – Home of the Pirated software
- A discussion about whether Mongolian or Greek drivers are the worst.
- Bankruptcy of Greece
- Adjusting to Mongolian food and the free “weight loss plan”
What are people looking forward to?
- Looking forward to Diablo 3
- Russian Knock-off games
- Living in a place where getting legal software is hard.
- Legit Copies of Windows – Not a common species where he is.
- Pirated version of GTA with Bruce Willis?
- Looking forward to non-shitty internet
Main Topic: Video Games
- Mass Effect 3
- Day 1 DLC
- Online Play Passes/Codes
- Walking Dead Video Game – Target price of $5
- Enter the Matrix
- Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash
- Things he hates: Games you can beat in a day.
- Josh pitches a new game concept: The daily lives of all of these COD soldiers.
- Ode to Hot Coffee + Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Playing Skyrim
- Random games to burn time in the restroom
- Ergonomics and Dungeon Crawling
- Properly placed Arrow to the Knee joke
- Skyrim Nudie Patches
- Pole Dancing Mods
- Skyrim Nexus Patches
- The Dismount Game
- Tying all the Skyrim sex talk and Dismount together
- Kid Friendly Gaming
- Word of Goo
- Humble Bundle – Donate and get games!
- Assassins Creed Revelations
- Lego Games
- Half-Life 2
- Head Crab Alien
- Dead Rising
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- The PS Vita forcing you to go “outside the box”
- Legend of Grimrock
- Nakedness on Xbox Uno
- Shadow Complex
- Dark Souls
- Castlevania (any of them)
- Josh associates a description to S&M dungeon ads on craigslist?
- Psygnosis Games – Lemmings, The Killing Gameshow, Shadow of the Beast
- Cinemaware Games – Wings, It Came from the Desert, Three Stooges, Defender of the Crown
- Go Right Video – A compilation of side-scrolling games.
- Games that Destroyed your Friend’s Lives
- World of Warcraft
- “Marinating in their own Sweat” – Used to describe what happens when people are addicted to MMO’s.
- Diablo 2 Scripting Engine
- Progress Quest
- Skinner Box
- Free Comic Book Day @ Bosco’s
- Sellouts during RockBand - Hot Topic! For all your pretending your dead needs!
As with all episodes of Serial Sidelines, please assure your frontal lobe is obscenity enabled before listening.